Working Within a Regulated Industry: Openreach is a highly regulated business with a unique set-up, and public nature of social also means there is also very little wiggle room for mistake. They act as a wholesaler and work on behalf of more than 590 communications providers (businesses like Sky, TalkTalk, Vodafone
Building a Team for Social Care: Social was a new communication tool for Openreach’s contact
Answering Actionable Social Conversations: Openreach
Openreach is Britain’s digital network business. The people who connect homes, mobile phone masts, schools, shops, banks, hospitals, libraries, broadcasters, governments and businesses – large and small – to the world. Their mission is to build the best possible network with the highest quality of service, and make sure that everyone in Britain can be connected.
Openreach has around 30,000 people working on behalf of more than 590 communication providers. That’s businesses like Sky, TalkTalk, Vodafone and BT. With more than 27 million homes and business premises covered, their fibre network is the biggest in the UK.
“The Conversocial partnership was critical in helping us starting our journey, and laying the foundations for future success. Throughout every step we have been supported and encouraged to do more. We’re not at the end of our social journey by any means, but we feel with Conversocial’s continued support we have taken the first important step in modernising our service offering.”
General Manager for Customer Resolutions & Service Delivery
Creating a Social Care Playbook: A social customer service playbook details processes for how different departments should transfer knowledge seamlessly to one another, and how social conversations should be engaged with by customer service agents. As Openreach
Responding, Even Under Pressure: It’s rare to come across a customer service team that is perfectly suited
Prioritisation of Actionable Content: The nature of the industry means that volume spikes are a common occurrence. But, sticking to the channels core objectives means that during busier times it’s even more important to step up and prevent a negative customer experience turning into something much bigger. This is achieved by being able to quickly switch agents over to social and having a system in place that can automatically distribute conversations to the right team members. Businesses must be able to manage these spikes in volume and still meet their SLAs. Openreach needed a platform partner that had a clear prioritisation engine and internal assignment settings that allow for spikes to be handled with optimised teamwork.
1. Objective setting: Conversocial worked closely with Openreach to understand what their aims and objectives were ahead of starting their social journey, identifying the ‘needs’ from the ‘nice to
2. Learning the operation: Conversocial’s Professional Services team spent time on-site with Openreach, talking with agents and team leader personnel alike, in order to fully understand the nuances of the operation, the current ways of working and any upcoming changes. Creating a Playbook for a social operation in its infancy meant usual information was not as readily available, with the Professional Services team countering this by matching Openreach’s contact drivers from conventional channels and adding a social care twist.
3. Engagement is key: The process of formulating a social customer care Playbook should not constitute one meeting and then a write-up. Instead, both parties should be engaged and communicative throughout. Regular check-ins between Conversocial’s Professional Services team and those at Openreach meant that any important changes in focus or requirements were highlighted as soon as possible.
4. Focus on the whole: As a unique contact channel, there is a tendency for businesses to focus on social as a silo. Instead, your social operation is only at its very best when interlinked with other contact channels and areas of the business. As social experts, the Conversocial aim is to turn your fledgling operation into a Social one where decision makers in your business stand-up and take note. Working with Openreach, Conversocial’s Professional Services team focused on the business as a whole, looking for contact types which could be resolved through social channels, or deliver a substantial ROI.
5. Keep it interesting!: The crux of a social customer care Playbook; A Playbook contains an awful lot of information about a business, their internal processes and contact types. But the document is useless without the buy-in of your agents. Keeping it an interesting, visual, iterative working document was the main aim of Conversocial’s Professional Services team, whilst maintaining a fresh, personable tone of voice remained an important focus of Openreach, especially where the vast majority of contact relates to issue outside of their direct control. The result was an engaging and thorough reference document which is easy to navigate and used regularly by both new and experienced agents alike.
A guide that gives your retail brand all the tools needed to thrive in the digital customer engagement realm for this holiday season and beyond into 2022Read more
Conversational marketing is a new way of approaching customer engagement, where loyalty and long-lasting relationships are the norm for every brand/consumer relationshipRead more