Our CEO, Joshua March, was back on Bloomberg TV’s Market Makers, this time speaking about how customer service is impacting retailers.
The weekend before Christmas is set to be the busiest shopping weekend of the year, how are retailers going to deal with all the customer service requests on social media?
Bloomberg TV invited Josh back for the second time this year to discuss these issues and how retailers are cashing in on social media during the holiday season. They really couldn’t get enough of his internet hair the first time round! If you missed the live broadcast yesterday morning, catch up on the talk below:
Here are some great points Josh touched upon:
- Refusing to respond to customer service request online is like ignoring a phone call or email. You will risk brand damage, as well as it affecting sales during this crucial holiday period.
- Research shows a single public negative post has as much impact as 5 positive ones.
- The growing trend of in-store tweeting, are you prepared?
- 20% of customers over the last year have contacted social media for customer service, increasing to 60% between 18-24 year olds.
- Customers will turn to social media as a final resort, especially when phone-lines are busy during the busy holiday season.
- Can you trust all the tweets you receive, how do you sift through the real customer issues?